Tel. : (+302610) 962335 / 962337
Fax : (+302610) 969181
2000: Ph.D. in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Patras, Greece
1996: Diploma in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Patras, Greece
Professional training and academic appointments
2001-2003 : Teaching Assistant, Department of Chemistry, University of Patras, Greece and Department of Nursing, Technological Institute of Patras, Greece
2001-2003 : Post Doctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Patras, Greece
1997-1998 : Research Fellow, Division of Pathology, Department of Immunology, Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Karolinska Institute, Sweden
The Association of the Greek Chemists
Hellenic Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Hellenic Research Club for Connective Tissue and Matrix Biology
- 2006 : 2 prizes from the Aristides Daskalopoulos Foundation for two research works during the 1st International Competition of Research Work on issues of Science and Technology of Foods and Nutrition.
- 2006 : First Prize of Hellenic Society of Neurologists for poster presentation
- 2001-2002 : Scholarship from Greek State Scholarships’ Foundation for postdoctoral research in Greece.
- 1997 : Scholarship from the Swedish Institute (Svenska Institutet) for research in Karolinska Institutet in Sweden.
- 1997 : First Prize of Hellenic Paediatric Society for poster presentation.
- 1992-1995 : Scholarships from Greek State Scholarships’ Foundation for outstanding performance during undergraduate studies.
- 1991-1992 : Scholarship from Greek State Scholarships’ Foundation for success in Final Panhellenic Exams.
- Isolation of natural products and structural characterization with emphasis on glycosaminoglycans
- Development of analytical methods
- Structure-function studies of biomolecules
- Undergraduate Courses: Biochemistry I & II, Classic Analytical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy I & II, Isolation and Identification of Natural Products
- Postgraduate Courses: Isolation and Identification of Natural Products
International Scientific Journals with Peer Review System:41
International Scientific Books: 7
National Scientific Journals: 1
Abstracts of International Conferences: 40
Abstracts of National Conferences: 51
- Inhibitory activity on amyloid-β aggregation and antioxidant properties of Crocus sativus stigmas extract and its crocin constituents Papandreou M.A, Kanakis C.D., Polissiou M.G., Efthimiopoulos S., Cordopatis P., Margarity M., & Lamari F.N.
J. Agric. Food Chem. (2006) 54: 8762
- Inhibition of Breast Cancer Cell Proliferation by Style Constituents of Different Crocus Species Chryssanthi D.G., Lamari F.N., Iatrou G., Pylara A., Karamanos N.K., Cordopatis P.
Anticancer Res. (2007) 27: “in press”
- Wild blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) consumption affects the composition and structure of glycosaminoglycans in Sprague-Dawley rat aorta. Kalea A.Z., Lamari F.N., Theocharis A.D., Cordopatis P., Schuschke D.A., Karamanos N.K., Klimis-Zacas D.J.
J. Nutr. Biochem. (2006) 17(2): 109-116.
- Metabolism and biochemical/physiological roles of chondroitin sulfates: analysis of endogenous and supplemental chondroitin sulfates in blood circulation. Lamari F.N., Theocharis A.D., Asimakopoulou A.P., Malavaki C.J., Karamanos N.K.
Biomed. Chromatogr. (2006) 20(6-7): 539-50.
- GnRH analogues containing conformationally restricted amino acids in positions 3 and 6: Differential impact on pituitary binding affinity and direct antiproliferative effect on breast cancer cells.
Zompra A.A., Magafa V.,Lamari F.N. , Nikolopoulou A., Nock B., Maina Th., Spyroulias G.A., Karamanos N.K. and Cordopatis P.
J. Peptide Res. (2005) 66 (s1): 57-64.
- Identification of oligomeric domains within dermatan sulfate chains using differential enzymic treatments, derivatization with 2–aminoacridone and capillary electrophoresis.
T. N. Mitropoulou,F. Lamari , A. Syrokou, A. Hjepre, N. K. Karamanos
Electrophoresis 22 (2001) 2458–2463.